View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 12:37 PM
Dhrystone
Sarnak

Thanks for the detailed list! I agree with most of your assessments. I like the new style graphics, and those zones which kept the same layout seem better liked than the ones that moved things around. Probably worst offender was the "new Freeport" which looks far better (to me anyway) and feels larger than the original, but things are only vaguely where they used to be.

I didn't know about a revamped Kith or Feerott. Now I have to see if I can get them in-game!

When I zone from the new Commonlands to Kith I get the old version. I have no trouble zoning into the new Innothule from the new South Ro. haven't tried new Innothule -> Feerott yet.

Right now I'm having fun exploring. There are some zoning glitches but once the player.lua quest scripts are changed you can easily access the new zones.

I might well repopulate them with some different content (except for freeport) and see what happens. Go on from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ View Post
Going zone by zone:

New Misty Thicket - a 99% copy of old zone except new graphics and not perfectly straight zone walls. Perfectly fine IMHO.

New Nektulos - again 99% copy except new extra zone outs that could be put into good use for custom content. Fine again.

New Lavastorm - a rather significant change, but I like it. More land features, 3 extra zone outs for customization.

New CommonLands - replaced both old Commonlands, while look similar the size wise zone is smaller by about 25%, which personally I don't like.

New Desert Ro (2 zones) - similar but 30% smaller in total size than 3 old zones, definite loss, which is sad because I really like new graphics, but I need the room to put things in.

New High Pass - a 90% copy of old zone, minus extra zone out and very bright stone wall texture that may hurt some people eyes. OK by me.

New Freeport - a totally different beast from old Freeport. Probably fine unless you have personal attachment to old layout.

There is also supposedly New Innothule, new Kithior and New Feerrot (other than Feerrot the Dream), but I am unable to get them to load on RoF-2 client which supposedly the latest available for Emu.

There is of course a sentiment from die hard fans that detest anything revamped no matter how good it is.