Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 10:22 PM
trevius
Developer

They just patched Live again today, and at least a few things (like the PP) have changed for sure. Since the next patch isn't scheduled until June 9th (I believe), I am hoping to get most of the rest of the opcodes updated for Live pretty soon. Derision and I have been working on it a bit here and there. Once we have it pretty filled out, you may even be able to have the tools use the Live.conf and struct files directly from the EQEmuServer/Utils and EQEmuServer/common/patches/ folders. That way, as long as we somewhat keep up with each patch or so, the Live client and the Collector/Extractor tools should both remain functional without duplicate efforts (or at least not much).

As far as the SVN goes, what is on there currently isn't functional at all yet from what I have heard. So, any improvement is better than none. Since you have them both so they can at least compile, it wouldn't hurt to get what you have on the SVN. If you prefer to wait until you have it more functional, that is no problem. But, one of the nice things about using an SVN is that it lets others work together to finish things off so it doesn't all get put on a single person.

BTW, what compiler are you currently using to compile it? Last I heard, it was made for VS Pro or something.