View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 10:09 PM
trevius
Developer

Default Seeds of Destruction - Bug Tracking

This post is created to allow us to track bug reports with Seeds of Destruction. A current list of the known issues for development tracking can be seen here:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...774#post185774

If you find a bug that is not already on that list, please post it in this thread (not the development thread linked above) and I will get it added to that list. The list is updated regularly, so check back for current status and updates on bug reports and resolutions.

Last Update - April 29th 2010

Here is a list of some of the known issues/bugs with SoD and what is known about them:
1. Item Links - Item Links (and say links) are not the same between Titanium and SoD/SoF. Hopefully at some point we can add a way for them to be created for each client type and sent so the links appear properly for any client. This isn't as much a client bug as it is a problem between client versions.
2. No Rent Items - Logging out and back in with No Rent items after 15 minutes gives an error of "MOVE ITEM FAILED IN CLIENT APPLICATION".

Unverified Bug Reports:
None at this time.

Other Bugs/Issues:
I have seen 2 types of client bugs so far that seem to be caused by various things. I am pretty sure that in both cases, they should be possible to resolve by sending the client what it is expecting.

1. The Mouselook Bug - There are a couple of odd scenarios that can cause the mouse to get stuck in mouselook mode for about 2 minutes. I think this is just because the client is expecting something it isn't getting. It is better than just crashing when it doesn't get it, at least. At least it eventually recovers on it's own. I think we just need to identify each thing that can cause this and fix them one by one. One of the things I know can cause it is trying to unmem a spell that is higher than your current level, and I think another might be related to the server removing buffs from your character.

2. The Attack/Cast Bug - This bug reminds me of the bug we used to see a lot on previous clients where the client would sometimes get out of order packets and cause itself to be unable to cast or attack or do most things until using /quit or /camp and logging back in. This bug does not seem to recover on it's own from what I have seen so far. So, I think we will need to find the exact cause of this bug and resolve it. It could be something as simple as a missing or bad opcode, or it may be something new to the client all-together.

Resolved Bugs from this thread:
1. Memorized Spells - Loading spells sets now works properly (Thanks Derision!)
2. Apply Poison - Apply Poison should now work properly and no longer give a slot error (Thanks Derision!)
3. Froglok/Vahshir - Now show matching body and head as they should.
4. /who - /who <name> and /whotarget now function properly (Thanks Derision!!!)
5. LoH and HT - The PAL/SK class skills of Lay on Hands and Harm Touch are now AAs in SoD and have been added and appear to function properly.
2. Clicky Fail Bug - Failing a clicky item cast will no longer bug the client. Also, cast bars from item clickies now uses the time from the item not from the spell.

Last edited by trevius; 04-29-2010 at 06:50 AM..