View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 11:36 AM
ptarp
Fire Beetle

Default items - spell scrolls

Spell scrolls in SoF and SoD were changed to include an added effect that isn't included on the emulator. Rk. II an Rk. III type spell scrolls have an added effect on live of un-memming the previous version of the spell.

In other words - If you scribe the Rk. III version of the spell from a scroll and have Rk. II in your book, a pop-up box is displayed telling you that the previous version will be replaced in your book. If you click 'Yes' or 'ok' (can't remember which), the Rk. II spell i removed from your spell book and the Rk. III is placed in it's location. - clicking 'no' will cancel the scribe.

I'm not sure if there's a different opcode for each spell or not, and not even sure how to figure that out, but I believe this change is the reason a lot of the spells in the 'items' table of the DB are listed as level 255 when looking at the scroll item, but 'spells_new' shows the correct class/level for the spells. All spells that are grouped along with Rk. II an Rk. III versions seem to be included with this problem.

It would be cool if the #scribespells command would remove previous versions also in order to make spellbooks more 'correct', and prevent filling spellbooks before all spells are memmed. Toons aren't supposed to need the lower versions if you have the Rk. III versions anyways.