View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 01:27 AM
Minirva
Fire Beetle

Default Different Rewards Per Class?

I am trying to write a quest that will give a different reward for each class on turn in. When I just have the check for turn ins and a single reward things work fine. Once I try working in classes with different rewards, the npc just eats the turn ins.
I have tried a few variations of what I have below and hit a wall with my very limited knowledge. Am I way off on how I am trying to write this?

Code:
# Zone: The Plane of Knowledge (poknowledge) >> Magus_of_the_Planes (2000032)

sub EVENT_SAY 
{

my $essence = quest::saylink("essence");
	my $reward = quest::saylink("reward");
	my $ready = quest::saylink("ready");
	my $Planeofhate = quest::saylink("Plane of Hate");
	my $Planeofear = quest::saylink("Plane of Fear");
	my $Planeofsky = quest::saylink("Plane of Sky");

if ($text=~/hail/i) {
		quest::say("Can you feel it $name? The Faceless One, the Prince of Hate, and the ever watchful eye of the Wurmqueen! Their powers swell. Imagine what us mortals could do with such power! $name, you must gather their [$essence] for me. I would [$reward] you greatly for such a treacherous task. If you are willing to undertake this endeavor, let me know when you are [$ready], and I will send you to the planes.");
	}
	if ($text=~/essence/i) {
		quest::say("The power of the Gods themselves. Their never ending life force. Enter their realms and confront each. Kill their physical forms and drain the essence from their bodies. Make haste $name, you will not have much time to escape the planes before the Gods will manifest once again in thier physical form.");
	}
	if ($text=~/reward/i) {
		quest::say("Yes your reward. I will create five shards out of the essences, from which I will grant you one. This shard will have the ability to greatly enhance your equipment.");
	}
	if ($text=~/ready/i) {
		quest::say("I am glad yo hear it. Where shall I send you? [$Planeofhate], [$Planeofear], or the [$Planeofsky]?");
	}
	if ($text=~/Plane of Hate/i) {
		quest::movepc(186,-393,656,4); 
	}
	if ($text=~/Plane of Fear/i) {
		quest::movepc(72,1031,-771,108); 
	}
	if ($text=~/Plane of Sky/i) {
		quest::movepc(71,614,1415,663); 
	}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {