View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 10:59 PM
toubi
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowom View Post
I believe 3 or more sides are required if you want ideal load balance between sides because players aren't always very good at policing themselves. That is the primary reason why PVP generally worked in DAOC/UO and balanced itself out by the player base itself. WoW and Warhammer by contrast have gone through continuous server migrations in order to help restore lopsided balance issues.

You might be able to get around it by forcing the VZ/TZ faction flag to be a deity based one rather than race driven one upon player creation like manipulating /guildwar with deity based guilds you belong to. You could then enable/disable a set amount of deities for every race and let players choose deity irrelevant of race selection based on a set selection of them. That's really how Sony/Daybreak should have done the VZ/TZ faction servers in the first place it was a huge balance mistake restricting it instead based on race selection.

I'll look into shifting teams, the reason there are two teams now and it's racial is due to population.

Three teams and deity-forced selection is only prospective if we hit over 100+ players, any less and you'll have issues with 85% of the server on one faction, 10% on the other and the remaining 5% in the third; which then the server just becomes one giant zerg guild. Since we are sub-50 at the moment three teams would make it difficult to do anything without having to cross-team to accomplish goals like taking down Velketor the Sorcerer or even put together a planar raid.

Even Red99 has 200+ players and has issues with over half the population coalesced into one guild, I mean unless we have the population to support three teams and enough variables to sort those players out it would actually harm the server.

So a two-team racial guild focus with a slight racial advantage to good balances it out to be even numbers for our population, because MOST people when choosing a warrior will probably pick ogre, giving goods and extra race or two via Frogloks and Vah Shir gives mor enumbers to their side.