View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 12:42 AM
mizzy
Fire Beetle

Default Same issue

1st time playing emu , when i set eveything up , loaded game , my 1st issue was no servers listed , closed game reopened same thing. Reset modem , and tried again , and bam servers. Got in Lazarus , made a troll druid cause cool beans = ). Ran around PoK looking for custom bst pets to look at to see what i wanted to make at some point and talked in /ooc for 30mins or so , someone mentioned an ogre cleric is kinda cool to play/solo cause its more battle cleric , i was like sweet never played much cleric. Rerolled an ogre clr and played for 4-5 hours in glooming deep , got to lvl 8 most quests done there.

Got a modem retrain (its a constant battle for me outside of 10pm-8am est). Tried to log back in and within 10-20 seconds of just starting to run around , got a DC to toon selection. That is now my limbo , ive reset my modem several times , been through a bunch of retrains also, ive followed http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25327 (i have a amd fx 6300 6 core so dunno if this thread even applies to me) , also looked at port forwarding which my modem was factory reset earlier so there is no forwarding set up that i know of or saw when i was in the settings. My eq.exe in task manager is set to core 0 , ive tried compatibility mode on the eq shortcut (im on win 10) for xp/7/8. Dunno what to do outside of ask here and in discord , and occasionally try to log in and see if magic happens lol.

Also , im on a 3mb at&t dsl connection. Its by no means a good connection , its retrains 10-50 times a day during daylight hours , at night it can go anywhere from none to 10 , usually very little which is when i play online stuff. It also isnt always at 3mb speed , when it reconnects automatically from a retrain it sticks where ever it can , ive seen as low as 1100 kbps - my max 3552kbps.

Last edited by mizzy; 05-13-2020 at 01:09 AM.. Reason: forgot something