View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 04:20 AM
trevius
Developer

Ya, if needed, I can post the server version as well.

There aren't a ton of customizations in the spell file, but there are a couple of minor tweaks. Mainly major fixes for things that were exploitable like evasive warrior discipline and one of the level 71 bard songs.

I worked on spell files for a while before I came up with the ones I have. But, to make the actual spell file itself didn't take very long when I figured out how to do it properly and what exactly needed to be done.

Basically, you can use a program called Textpad and mark lines from the EQLive spell file and then using some cut and pasting and a bit of searching, you can get all of any spell types you might need. And using excel, it is pretty easy to import a ^ delimited file so you can sort spell IDs and move the ID numbers to any other spells you want.

Since the spells_us.txt on the client will only load a maximum ID of 9999, there is no point at giving clients files with more than that in them. But the server does not have a limit to how many it can load. Which is why I have 2 versions of the spell file. Though, you could give the server version to the client and only have 1 file for the server and client.