View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 03:56 PM
Nightspire
Fire Beetle

Default Manual Updating spells_new Spell Table w/Level 71+ Spells on Windows/Akkadius Server

Hello,

I have searched the forums for an answer here and get some info but not specifically to my situation so I'm posting here, I apologize in advance if this IS answered in the depths of some forum reply somewhere, I could not find it.

My question is this:
How specifically can I manually update the "spells_new" database table with updated data for all class spells 71+ so that these spells will work on my server? Here is why I ask...

I used the very awesome and MUCH appreciated automated Windows-based installer by Akkadius and followed the installation instructions and the server pops right up and works like a charm. However, even though I can /fs spells and even /gi the spell scrolls to players, they can not be memorized nor scribed to the spell books or used in any way. I read that this is because the data for all spells above level 70 are not complete in the databases. I saw someone mention that you can update this data using a perl script, something called "update_spells.pl" or something, (don't quote me on the exact name of the perl script) but for those of us who used the Akkadius Windows installer, that doesn't seem to be an option.

I am more than happy to manually locate, collect and update this data by hand but I am uncertain of the precise process. The spell data, records etc appear to be in the server's peq database in the spells_new table, so where would I update the data at? It's not simply in the spells_us.txt file is it? I attempted to update one single spell as a test to that file and it made no difference.

Can anyone provide any guidance or info on this process? And can it even be done on a Windows server installed by the Akkadius automated installer?

I'm a web developer with programming experience and I'm not above doing a ton of tedious text data entry by hand - I just need to know exactly what I need to do as I can't seem to figure it out or find information on the process.

Anyone able to help? I would greatly appreciate any clear and concise help here.

P.S. - While on the subject, I'm looking into how to apply bots to the same server installation if anyone has any info there either and how this differs for a Windows/Akkadius server. Thanks again!

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
-Nightspire