View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 01:35 PM
WarAngel
Sarnak

Nightspire,
I thought maybe I can give a bit of help with the bots. I had a hard time with getting the eqemu_server.pl to run. And that is where you can get your bots up and running (although there is an issue with the Bot_spell_entries...not sure how to help there). So, what I ended up doing was making a .bat file to run it for me.
:check_Permissions
echo Administrative permissions required. Detecting permissions...
net session >nul 2>&1
if %errorLevel% == 0 (
echo Success: Administrative permissions confirmed.

GOTO :MAIN
) else (
echo Failed: Run eqemu_install.bat as Administrator Right click - Run as Administrator
ECHO.
ECHO.
pause
exit
)
pause
:MAIN
ECHO.
ECHO.
cd "%~dp0"
%~d0%
perl eqemu_server.pl
EXIT

I copied this into my folder that has the "eqemu_server.pl" file.

You should see in the installer/utility batch file Akkadius had made (where I stole half of the code above )...an option to the bots. Please please please remember to BAAACCKKUUP everything. I know that was unsolicited advice, but after playing around with the EQEmu stuff here...I believe the most important skill/knowledge to learn first is how to backup and to reinstall...and techniques there-of. I could have saved myself redoing Nektulos and Lavastorm three times if I had learned that first.

Now as far as the spells, sorry I do not have much other than, yep increase your max level in the rules_values in the database. Although I had problems with older clients for their max level issues in the past, that affected the spells as well.
Hope this gave some help, I am still learning...ssSSssllLLooWWllLLy. I am truly a Fire Beetle. Cheers!!

-Eric