View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 01:57 AM
dracir
Sarnak

LATE NIGHT THEORY: It works without using [public IP] for the EqEmu's public hosting service(i can connect locally and externally). So, to me that means that there is somethig in Akkas installer that is hardcoded to redirect from thier IP. Or the EqEmu public hosting routing redirects it for us.

Quote:
Are you trying to ping your public address from within your network? That requires the router perform loopback. Most home routers do not support that, so you cannot ping your own IP address from within the local network connected to that address.
-->[ 1 ] Find a way to allow my router to perform a loopback. Letting me connect to my Public IP.

OR
Quote:
If you are trying to ping computer to computer here is why it will not work. Your linksys routers get a routable ip address from the broadband provider. They (by default) hand out private addresses in the 192.168.1.x range to each computer that requests one. The 192.168.x.x, 10.0.0.0 and 172.16.0.0-172.31.255.255 are RFC 1918 Private address space. These addresses are not routed across the internet. They are for internal use only.
-->[ 2 ] Find a way to redirect users from my public IP to my private IP - and set <address> back to private IP</address>
-->[ 3 ] Find a way to run two seperate server <address>es, with one database. So i can have both ways working.
-->[ 4 ] Find out a simpler way of doing all this. And do that instead.

I like option one. Because it actually seems like something i could figure out in about a week. The other things. I just don't have the expertise to figure out. I'm sure option 2 is doable. Option 3 would run into so many different issues i don't even know why i added it. Option 4 probably ties into option 2.
Please help my poor soul Gods of EQEmu.

Sources:
(random sites, just figured i would list them - no idea if they are safe sites or not)