View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 08:46 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Ash View Post
limiting Bot power so that a player character attempting level-restricted content
That can all be handled by scripts and the DB on a zone by zone/mob by mob basis. As Uleat stated, the bots will always be at the same level as the owner, so the player and the bots would not be any different than a group of real players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
I do have some ideas for this concept .. but, I'd like to hear what others think.

Keep the ball rolling ~
I don't know how many would agree with me on this, but I think the biggest turn off in using bots, is having to constantly gear them all up. It's pretty much the same as going LFG on a live server and once you find a group, you learn they are all naked and have to help them all find some gear.
I know it's unrealistic to dream of bots spawning in a comparable way to mercs, but anything that could ease the birden of gearing them up would help. As it stands, the easiest method for a server dev is setting up a bot gear merchant. That could be done just to get them started, or seperate merchants for various levels. (that could also be setup to sell based on player's level). But as far as hunting for gear, a player and 5 bots (group scenario), is exactly the same as 6 real players. (You kill mobs more than once to get loot for everyone.) It would all depend on the individual preferences of customization for the server.

Transferring bots between accounts ? Does it stop there ? Or do we head for mercs tomorrow ? I tried to put a bot in the shared bank. It didn't work, so I put gear in there, instead.