View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 06:25 PM
whiteknight33
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
There's always a chance that newer distributions break things and dependencies, we've gone through it many times. I would use Ubuntu 18.04 LTS in the meantime

I have some time off soon and I will be revisiting some of the installer stuff and running through a series of tests again.

As far as the loginserver, linux does not build the loginserver by default

You can install it however by invoking the following

Code:
perl eqemu_server.pl linux_login_server_setup
This may or may not be related to that... But I'm having an issue connecting to my server from outside of my own house. On my LAN, I can connect no problem.

Whenever I try to connect from an outside internet connection, I can get to the character selection screen, then the game freezes up and gives me the "You've been disconnected." message. I had thought I fixed this... Tested it by connecting via wifi hotspot on my phone and was able to get in. Still not able to connect from an outside wifi connection though.

I've followed every guide I could find by searching Google for results on this site, and I've changed every "host" / "IP" entry on my config file (whatever the Linux extension of that is, I'm not at home at the moment) and I've changed the IP in login.ini... I've tried using my external IP address, the network IP address of 192.168.1.167 and even 127.0.0.1... I even tried taking off the last digit of those IP addresses, like someone had suggested in previous posts.

I also turned off every Firewall on my network and computer, and set that computer as the DMZ machine in the router settings. (And did all of the port forwarding for EQEmu anyway.)

I have my server up and running great now on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, but I can't connect to it from outside of my house. Which is a bummer, because I'd like to be able to play with a few friends too. Anyone have any other ideas of what might be wrong here?