View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 01:22 AM
Stubbay
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post

EDIT: The script should definitely install MariaDB..it probably installs HeidiSQL as well.

You'll need to open an actual command prompt window - usually under windows button (start) >> accessories.

Then, change directory to your server's location (cd "c:\EQEmu Test" in my case.)

There, you can manually type world.exe, zone.exe, ucs.exe, etc... to launch each one manually.
The problem, as far as can be told, is fixed. I attempted the cmd method, you described, and failed, and could not for the life of me understand what I was doing wrong... However, your comment about MariaDB caused me to pause and think about what happened during my first attempt to install.

The problem: When I extracted the zip file, it had not (I later realized) extracted all the files. No clue why. However, the error it gave me during installation, lead me hunting which lead me to DL'ing MySQL, based on a past forum post, from these forums.

After installing MySQL, I then ran the installer... Which lead to the problems that drove me to the forums. After banging my had on cmd, I was sparked, by your comment about MariaDB, to think back on the earlier events.

Solution:Uninstalled MySQL. Uninstalled MariaDB. Ran the installer. Problem solved.

I can't understand why that first extract didn't finish, but it's caused me quite the headache. Thank you so much, for your time and effort. Time to start playing Norrathian God...