View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Lalolyen
Banned

*NOTE THIS IS A COMPILATION OF TESTIMONY FROM OTHER COMMUNITY MEMBERS AND MY OWN OPINION*

devn00b, you may agree to this then.

For a very long time now, the life's blood of this community has been siphoned away by the "power" of the dev team.

The community has been longing for an "escape" from this nightmare much like the subjects of a tyrant long for freedom.

This power comes from the fact that the mini-login is closed source and dangled over the communities head like a piece of meat being dangled over a pack of starving dogs' heads.

Someone asked why I don't program anything from the ground up, its the stigma behind it. Who would I be doing the work for? The community? I personally feel the work would be for the "tyrants" of the project not for the community itself.

Why do I feel this way? Again; its the stigma behind having an open source project completely dependent on a closed source/PROPRIETARY program.

Now here is the part I find odd, aside from my topic to help the community being deleted (a file hosting site for mirroring). At the first challenge to this "power" every Developer that has been completely inactive in the project, non-responsive to most in IRC, the forums, and everywhere else suddenly comes alive and ready to defend their "power" to the "T".

So when this is "decompiled" and "decoded" the final result is there is a team that reigns over the community that does not want to give up their power in the project or pass the torch. <== That == Tyranny.

Last edited by Lalolyen; 10-09-2007 at 11:51 PM..