Thread: It is time...
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 08:35 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailow View Post
I like what you're doing with it so far, Drak. Keep it up! As I said earlier, we can wait for you to balance stuff and make sure its something that will stick with us like Varlyndria did.

I never got to really experience varlyndria because it went down, no joke, about a week after i started playing it and I've heard nothing but good things about it. Do you mind indulging me what the server was like?

Varlyndria was my very first server. It had very minimum touches to it and was mainly all PEQ. It started with 48 class paths who gave a simple charm that upgraded your character with a buff, Pet or nuke you could click. (rather simplistic), it also had the ability to have your own party (5 bots) and minions that you would HAVE to have a full group to take down. It overall was a pretty big hit. I added a lot of custom zones and had some pretty crazy world bosses. You could just play normal EQ with paths and a story I made added for flavor and fun. I plan on following this type of play with Ruinspire (with more options than just 1 charm though) and the ability to take on multiple class roles so solo and grouping is more fun and easier to progress. I will not be doing the 5 bots though, 2 bots is the max in Ruinspire to save on server stress.

There are probably some other things I am missing that a true die hard fan of the original server could share with you.

EDIT: Ruinspire is going to be the Varlyndria I always wanted to do when I first started but didn't have the knowledge, experience or help that I have now to do.