View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 08:31 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Basically this is what you have to do, refer to my prior post if you want very specific details. First you need to make the zones containing boats 100% static, this will mean editing the source to some extent. Just launching the zones as static is not enough, movement goes dormant when there are no clients in the zone. The spawns need to remain moving even when clients in the zone are zero, at least the boats do. Having everything moving will keep the boats synced up. You absolutely have to have levitate on the boats, there are no options on that. The Kunark boat has several spots on the deck you will fall through, so there is that. Other than that it is all about timing, plenty of globals to keep track of the boats. You will notice I did hails in some of the zones from the dockmasters or the Dwarf at the Butcherblock docks, this helps the players know the locations of the boats.

You do the zoning by catching the boats next to last waypoint, gathering all the clients within the vicinity of the boat and porting those to the next zone. The boat has to be in the next zone and ready to receive players or they will hit the water. The hardest boat by far to do was the skiffs in Butcherblock, getting those synced up to the Kunark boat took me an extremely long time, probably 2 weeks.

They are 100% functional though, I know I have done hours and hours of constant testing and never fallen off a boat. The only time you would is if you went LD. But that is classic right?