View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 07:59 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

A lot of people who are using Leslamarch's install package, then for whatever reason, trying to change settings by following other posted instructions/ guides, which in turn creates problems.
You can't do that with this install kit, you'll just screw up the install if you do.
It's best to have everything EqEmu related completely removed/uninstalled (MySql too). If you already have a \Maps directory, keep it as that is a big download, and you'll need it later on.
If you are having problems with 'spells not landing' , it's because your \Maps directory is still empty and you need to add those. (You can find them posted at my web page). Since \Maps is over a Gigabyte in size, I linked PEQ and AX_Classic Maps with Junction.exe so I could save some space.
Since Leslamarch used the common 'localhost' ip (127.0.0.1), this means you probably can only play one account at a time on the Lan, He had to do this so it would be compatible for all users (you all have a localhost ip).
The idea is to make it as easy as possible, so anyone can have a shot at the Eqemu emulator, and play.
Again, if you have any questions or problems on this install, don't go looking for guides and posts; you have to ask Leslamarch. You really should not have any problems with his install package.
You can also request things you think might be helpful for this kit.