View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 02:33 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownhost View Post
great stuff here folks =)

have a question, Im using the most recent (i assume?) version of the porta-emu from Angelox's link on 11-29-2008.( tried using a couple other older links as well to ether no avail or same result btw) it works great and im extremely impressed with all the extras worked in, however is this supposed to be offline/minilogin only now? not sure if its somthing obvious im missing or what but i cant make it install a public server. I read a post stating that the common steps used to alter a server setup will likely not work as this package isnt designed to be altered in some ways. being as how ive had no luck switching things over (as that post implied hehe) to public i figured it cant hurt to bad to ask, what are the exact steps required to create a public login from this installer or do you wonderful folks have any plans to rerelease the public creator version? ( i saw above where Leslamarch linked the public version but its now a dead link for me at least.)

this is an awesome tool though. saves so much hassle of tracking down the exact right version of perl & mysql everytime which is where ive made mistakes i donno how many times hehe.
Yeah in the first releases I did do a public login version and since i merged the 2 dbs to one GUI I have left the public login version out to dry. I think Cavedudes repack is much better suited to handle that task. I have implemented many tools to make it easier for server to run mini login for friends via the internet.

The link Angelox post is always up-to date with current releases, I have been trying to get versions out once every week or so. This depends on the activity of the SVN though.