View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 11:52 PM
knowom
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrayas View Post
With the small population of emu and the proposed deity faction war's, i'd suggest going with maybe 3 teams with 3 factions.

So Starting off you would be agnostic. evil, neutral or good. The later on you could do some sort of quest for the deity you choose to be. Make Deity's evil, neutral or good as well. So in the end you have a pretty big pool of possible outcomes.

Evil race, good god
Evil race neutral god
Evil race, Evil god

etc etc.
With the DotaQuest server my aim is 3 to 5 teams most likely maybe even higher 6, 9, 10, or 15 though I'd like for it to divide by either 3 or 5. I really don't want a 2 sided pvp system though. I don't mind utilizing restricted 2 sided pvp battle encounters between factions, but collectively I want to use a more complex strategic social warfare pvp system. Setting it up pvp in a good vs evil faction standing that determines who they could attack or not attack would be cool to do I believe.

I'd love to see something like pure evil unable to attack anyone with a negative standing below neutral and pure good unable to attack anyone with a positive standing above neutral. Neutral itself would only be able to attack others up to about 50/50 good/evil faction standing.

The whole good vs evil vs neutral (grey area) is a great system though for pvp though. I really feel pvp is at it's best in a mmo with that type of environment. Could always be done in other ways as well. You could probably take the standard UO blue vs grey vs red system and incorporate that into a form of EQ pvp around your faction standing.

Blue you'd earn over time, but killing a innocent player would revert you all the way back to neutral/grey after so many kills in that manner you'd turn red and the more of them you accumulate would raise the severity of it and penalties upon death. The murder counts themselves could decay and atrophy over time like they do in UO.

Blues could probably earn special items, but they could be murdered for them. Reds probably couldn't earn special items, but any of the ones they acquired maybe they could be augmented if they met the faction standing requirements. Reds would probably lose like a 10% of stats/xp if killed maybe just stats if killed by anyone other than a fully aligned Blue player.

I hate WoW style PVP it was too much of a pure gear check with no real adrenaline rush to it. What made games like UO and DAOC great is that rush of being blind sided and just being unexpectedly steamrolled or running for you damn life to escape or overcoming crazy odds that you outright should have probably succumbed to.