View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 06:40 PM
CrispyMage
Fire Beetle

I've been playing here for a few weeks now. I originally joined the discord about 8 months ago. Watched the community and finally gave it a go.

It's been a wonderful experience. It's all the familiar feels from playing eq but with lots of quality of life improvements and fun stuff added. The newbie quests are good and worth doing. The lower level redo of zones in like runneye and crushbone. Items have been updated. So that kinda cruddy shiny brass shield you use for maybe 5 levels now hangs on for like 15 levels.

Epic quests are different rewards and quests(just starting mine). Xp is fast enough to be enjoyable. Community is friendly and will help you complete stuff. It has the smaller server vibe. Think of it like it's just your guild playing on a server. I've now brought over 2 of my friends from live eq to this with me and am having even more fun.

/ooc is server wide so you can chat with other players and ask for hints. Discord is active any there is a handful of people hanging out at any time.

I've played on all the new TLPs and P99. I'm finding this my favorite experience since random loot on mischief. It has that feel of random loot because you don't know if new loot is on the mob, or if the stats have been upgraded. Also there are new zones to do with completely new loot.

An example of an upgrade, the fish bone earring has a fun illusion added to it.