View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 03:47 AM
knowom
Discordant

Two more for Unrest this time was with the 2K Skyrim ground texture with low resolution original version of Unrest .s3d as Grinkles was curious to know if renaming a .dds file and file extension to .bmp worked. I knew it worked for the higher resolution retextured .s3d files, but hadn't bothered trying it with the old lower res .s3d files so I tested it out and naturally it works as expected and in case anyone is wondering the ground texture used was fieldgrass01.dds from 2k Skyrim texture pack I think it really fits naturally with the vibe of Unrest gives it that nice spooky Halloween vibe that the zone itself feels like it was modeled in mind after. The high and low res is more than a little odd looking, but hey it works!

Here's some of Grobb I used a Skyrim wood flooring texture and took a blood texture pack and layered that on top for the desired blood splatter effect that part I had to customize to taste manually a bit. All of this was done with GIMP then saved to .dds DXT1 compression though it can save it to DXT3 or DXT5 as well, but it takes up more file space and judging from the file size the 2K Skyrim texture were saved in DXT1 initially anyway. The grobb textured replaced was bloodwood.bmp the results were pretty satisfactory.