View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 04:49 PM
knowom
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drajor View Post
Love your work!
Thanks nice to see someone likes it. Originally had the idea to use zone_points to delete a bunch of zones I don't particularly care for and reconfigure things without them to neighboring zones, but ran into problems with texture mismatching with that idea quickly and tried to configure around that the best I could which lead to more and more mangling of zone_points. Then I thought damn this has absolutely huge and implications and near infinite possibilities if I can get around the texture problem breaking immersion. This thread explains a bit of the zone_points stuff and general plans based around it.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37360

Here's a few examples continent reforming from a map hub point perspective. A few problems with these types of zone_points changes is you can experience mismatching textures between zone lines the severity of which ranges on a case by case basis, but is something texture customizing could remedy. In certain cases the geometry shaping between zone lines has noticeable differences a narrow entry way into a much wider one can look wrong. In some cases your able to set the target location further ahead or behind to give the illusion of correcting that snafu however, but not always.

I'd like to get back to the zone_points configuring more in time, but for now zone texture conversions is going to take up a lot of time for the foreseeable future.