View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 01:27 AM
knowom
Discordant

I took that base dirt floor texture that I tried to hue yellow earlier without the hue applied and exported it as DXT5n and it looked interesting so I tried it in game and it came out looking more extreme than I anticipated for Grobb, but it would look neat in Sol B perhaps.

Also decided I'd try it with the ceiling texture as well for the hell of it and it's even more absurd unlike the with floor texture I don't think would look too good in another zone personally at least without some tweaking with small tiles would have potential to look nicer possibly because it would blend better in fact a hint of blur could probably help it too. Really neat effect, but not something I want to use in Grobb.

There is a lot of experimental fun to be had with texture editing as you can see there is a ton of things you can do with texture editing you can swap textures, but you can also enhance textures as well with programs like GIMP which is free open source and cross platform as well in many types of ways so enjoy experiment drink mead eat cake and be merry and above all else do sum gud froglok bashin demz frog legs tasty!!!