View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 10:04 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derision View Post
I'm sitting here waiting for you to commit what you've done so I can have a go
/drool

I was hoping you might chime in! I had a pretty big grin on my face when I saw your post

Didn't want to directly bug you about it or make you feel obligated. There is only a small handful of people that could really help with this part of the process, and you are at the top of that list along with KLS and Secrets.

I haven't had this much trouble getting in game since SoF. That variable sized PP is really rough at the end of it. I am sure we can get it, but it is definitely a challenge at this point where the last few clients were trivial.

Once in game, I already have a few hurdles in mind from the work we did on VoA a few months back. Here is the list off the top of my head:

1. Spawn Struct - Looks like Derision may already have this figured out based on the EQExtractor update.
2. Position Updates - Looks like Derision may have this one figured out as well.
3. Tasks - From the last time I checked VoA task packets, it looked like they had changed a good amount, so it will probably take a bit to get those working and I haven't ever messed with those packets before.
4. Merchant Lists - I think I had merchant lists mostly functional for the VoA client, but there was definitely something wrong with it still that I am sure will need to be resolved. It was probably with the new preview feature and with the "show items I can use" feature.
5. Items - I am sure there will be some item struct changes, but hopefully they won't be too bad. I can start going through those once we are able to get in-game. The new slot schema already has a conversion function for it and I believe Uleat has plans to work on implementing the new slot schema across the board and have all other clients convert to/from the new system so we aren't trying to retro-fit and hack stuff into the old slot system.

Once most of the basics are working, I will populate the rest of the opcodes and put together a more complete list in the top post of this thread.