View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 03:54 PM
cybernine186
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Noir View Post
is the copy of daxum's newer or older than yours though cybernine?
I recall right before VZTZ went down (like literally, the day before), the detrimental spell target bug was occuring on live VZTZ. The source there has the same issue, but the number of broken things are pretty astounding on that source. All pets are gnome necro graphics. AoE's don't calculate range properly. Detrimental spells by default don't even pass casting check. Weapon/Mobs don't cast spells. Some spells crash zones. What else? Oh mobs don't aggro even if scowls until you hit them (and never assist each other).
The copy of the SVN is the same as what Daxum released. Searyx and Jaxx deleted the entire server including database, binaries and source code. However I was the one able to recover the database, source, etc.

I actually had the server back up and running 100% everything was working and Daxum decided to close the project. At that time he copied everything I restored and cleaned the database and released it.

Some things he didn't release which I have a copy of and I still have access to the server currently. I have a full copy of the database along with full SVN code, latest quests, etc.

I am willing to release the SVN for quests and source code since Daxum released it publicly to help people sift through what was actually changed since around September 2008 - closing of project.

Also I can tell you what is wrong with your server why mobs doesn't argo and you having trouble with spells. Your maps either isn't there or wrong ones.

Go here http://sourceforge.net/projects/eqemulator/files/

and download Maps.tar.gz and new_maps.zip and extract them to your server directory under a folder called maps.

That will fix your issue because when I brought the server up 1st time people was having the same issue and I forgot to put the maps in the server directory.

Your Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Prior GM

Voidd the Returnless