View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 01:28 PM
apple120223
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomRogue View Post
Nope. Far as I know, and have read, there is no way to get that account reset, other than finding Rogean and having him do it.

Would love to see in addition to the change LS Password, a forgot one, where you enter in the email used for the Forum account registration. Then fire off an email to that account (if it matches the original Registration one in the Site/Forum DB) with some random ID which would expire within 5 minutes.

Then they would go to 'change' LS Password, enter in that ID, the Sites Password and the new LS Password.

Gives you 2 steps of validation. 1 being knowing the email, and the other proving they still have access to that Email account. 2. they know the emu site's login information.

Now if you don't have access to that email account, then there is nothing that can be done. But it would pretty much solve 99% of the people who ask for LS resets (myself included).

I mean, in theory, if you assume the emu login isn't compromised, you can just add a captcha (free) to the 'forgot' screen, and have them enter the sites current password (instead of the current account password), and new one for the LS account.
Yeah I've contacted Rogean but it seems more and more often he tends to only login to the site every fortnight. Heck, I've been asking for just the email i used on the account. If I remembered which email i used i could just reset the forum account password through the email. I noticed that one of the admins on page 1 I believe have given part of some guy's email addy. I figured he could do the same for me. I mean, I know all the login server info, but i think more and more that I may have accidentally reset the forum account PW along the way and never kept track of it