View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 12:31 PM
djeryv
Hill Giant

I just did a fresh install today of Ubuntu server and EQEmu. I went through my solo server package and found that there were some creatures (in the kill-this tasks) that no longer existed. I fixed all of them and added a random loot drop feature as well. As far as I can tell, everything seems to be working as advertised. As for a recent issue someone reported, I did check the Bazaar and all of the vendors I placed are there selling things.

There were some server rules that no longer exist, and I updated those as well to the newer rules on this version of EQEmu to help with the solo-friendly aspect.

There were a couple of zone-copies that I had to place an extra witch to spawn like Freeport and Nektulos Forest. This is so the witch is available no matter which version of the zone you may be in. This also had me change the query to delete the PoK books in those starter zones that have multiple versions. Some people hate that I delete those but I want my game to have the feel like the old days where you make an Ogre and you hang out in the jungle and slowly move out. Again, there are still PoK books but they are only in the farthest areas.

On a personal note, I come here every couple of years and update this package because it is every couple of years that I rebuild my EQ server from scratch. This pandemic is just causing me to want to play again. So the solo server package is updated with everything I changed/fixed.