View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 08:14 PM
knowom
Discordant

This is awesome work Zaela_S I've been learning a bit about how blender works last few months casually just for the fun of it. I'm still not great with it, but I know understand a lot more about it now than I did not to long ago. It's a fun program to learn and play around with you can do really amazing stuff with it if your good enough at it.

Anyway this site here is called BlendSwap.
http://www.blendswap.com/blends

It has tons and tons of freely distributed 3D models people have submitted. It should be possible to load them up in blender and export them over into EQG files!

You can obviously design your own 3D models as well to export, but this is a big break through tool in this area of EQemu development in my eyes.

This is like a fairly modular 3Diminsional stairway labyrinth design I made in it back in February for the hell of it.

Anyway this is exciting news the possibility of a abundance of copyright free player made content being possible is awesome to think about this opens up the doors a lot to true player made customization.

Here's a example of a texture made from scratch in GIMP as well. It kind of reminds me of lava and steam vapor.