Thread: NO DROP Server
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 01:15 PM
gravystain
Fire Beetle

I've just played EQ and these EMU servers for a long time and the one thing I always noticed is that nearly every person I play with makes a Druid, Shaman or pure caster as their main and all they seem to want to talk about is the gear they plan on farming for their shadow knight or ranger "alt". I just think NO DROP only on boss items would clear out the camping of these bosses for groups that actually want the exp and loot. I'd like to see every item that is crafted be tradeable as well as any "random" drop chance item. Orc fang/cougar claw earrings, forest loops, seb berserker cloaks etc. My goal isn't to stop twinking or remove the economy so much as it is to encourage people to group and play the class they actually want to play from an earlier level. I think this would still leave a large economy for people to shop from and reduce the super twinking without completely removing twinking from the game. I'm sure people would find loop holes to sell loot but it would still make it a lot more difficult for your average loot farmer and maybe a set of server rules could discourage this even further. Just thinking out loud!