View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 01:56 AM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridgecritter View Post
My only other issue was to ask if I was correct about bot implementation being as simple as sourcing in the _bots database and replacing the binaries? I guess I will try it out myself and see instead of asking someone else to figure it out for me LOL.

I will report back with any issues or successes. Thanks a ton for this again!

Quote:
I'm not going to put a repack out knowing the many issues that I've seen with bots over time and it out to folks knowing there are various functional issues. This is something folks can learn to add on their own if the desire is that strong.
Not to speak for Akka, he's a big boy able to do so all on his own of course. But, using his words that he has said, I took the above quote of his own words to read in summary:

1. Bots have issues, seen time and time again.
2. I'm not going to release a bots repack, see #1.

If you want bots, use the Windows Setup Guide. I would recommend the XAMPP method, and then of course following the instructions for bots (if you want them).

Now, I don't wish what I typed to be read as non-constructive criticism and I do believe after -many- PM's to a particular someone, I'm due to "paying it forward" a tad. So if you run into issues with the Windows setup guide, please, don't hesitate to PM me and I'll help where I can. (Including some corrections to the setup guide).