View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 07:59 PM
kokey98
Hill Giant

So i've run eqmu server.pl multiple times...

SHOW COLUMNS FROM `bot_spell_casting_chances`;

returns 6 col and 20 rows

i've used both updates through he auto-update system (assets/db). i even doubled and quadrupled, at this point Nth times updated bots db. i've also run the sql files that keep re-downloading by hand. (9010 and 9014)

description from log:

the first go-round it says i am missing 9010 - which then re-downloads 9010.... runs update 9010.

it starts going through manifest again (assume normal), but this time says i am missing 9014. which was not missing moment before (same process after "start server with LS.pl").

if i restart the server, it does the same 9010 missing alone, then 9014 missing alone. But, it's in reverse order. as i write this i am going to look inside and see what the loop is... but may still need guidance?

also, the manifest that is downloaded tops at 9015 - so i don't see 9017 like someone else did? 3 entries for 2-26 are the latest in the manifes that keeps re-downloading.

each time i start the server, it says bots database not up-to-date with binaries and does what i describe. my concern is that it performs a backup each and every time... and i'm not changing anything, lol.

server does work fine - i think, but i'd rather not have a 200mb write to an ssd for no reason each time i restart my server :p i assume it's quite wasteful to be re-downloading all the time too.

did i screw something up? what can i explore?... i'm good with google and probably won't need my hand held, but a little guidance is sought at this point... i've done what i can deduce on my own. i've been dinking around with it on my own for more than i care to admit... no mas

edit: tried starting from scratch completely, too (at least downloading binaries and fresh db... nothing lost... nothign put into server yet. so, anything along those lines is okay, too.