View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 02:19 AM
Stubbay
Sarnak

After some time, I reinstalled the entire server. I wanted to be sure I hadn't done something along the way, I didn't mean to, or hadn't known would screw me.

I've been playing about in the DB, using Heidi, and it's starting to make more sense to me.

I now, see, however, that this is my problem:

HTML Code:
[Update] No script update necessary...
[Error:eqemu_server.pl] MySQL path not found, please add the path for automatic database upgrading to continue...

##deleted info that seemed unnecessary to the post

[World Server] Account (Stubbay) Logging(Out) to character select :: LSID: 2
[World Server] Found 'TitaniumStartZoneID' rule setting: -1
[Status] SoF Start zone query: SELECT x, y, z, heading, start_zone, bind_id, bind_x, bind_y, bind_z FROM start_zones WHERE zone_id = 14 AND player_class = 1 AND player_deity = 208 AND player_race = 330

#this happens with EVERY character, as I found as I tested further. 
#Frogloks just happen to be the most obvious, as they wound up in S.Qeynos. Other races were dropped in default positions inside their own cities.

No start_zones entry in database, using defaults
[World Server] (Pajeciti) Zoning from character select qeynos (Zone ID 1: Instance ID: 0)
[World Server] Account (Stubbay) Logging(Out) to character select :: LSID: 2

I've been attempting to point the eqemu_server.pl to my MariaDB folder, by editing the "get_mysql_path" lines, around about line 990. No matter what format I used, I couldn't get it to use the path I manually inserted.

I suspect the problem is that my MariaDB folder is actually labeled "MariaDB 10.0". The server file is looking for "MariaDB/i". I realize the "i" is for the "include" folder, but as you'll see below, I was concerned by how the filepath was stated.

I came to this conclusion, when I had changed my MariaDB folder name from "MariaDB 10.0" to "MariaDB", because I suddenly couldn't run MySQL.exe, nor could I find any way to alter the filepath (MySQL.exe) to the right one.

What I believe is the offending code from eqemu_Server.pl:

HTML Code:
sub get_mysql_path {
    if ($OS eq "Windows") {
        $has_mysql_path = `echo %PATH%`;
        if ($has_mysql_path =~ /MySQL|MariaDB/i) {
            @mysql = split(';', $has_mysql_path);
            foreach my $v (@mysql) {
                if ($v =~ /MySQL|MariaDB/i) {
                    $v =~ s/\n//g;
                    $path = trim($v) . "/mysql";
                    last;
                }
            }
        }
I have tried replacing the MariaDB portions to the full file path, partials, quoted, quoted in sections, and just about every syntax I could think of or find, online.

For all I know, I'm doing this all wrong, but I wanted to try and figure it out, myself. After about 5hrs (plus the about 2 days, I've been stuck on this problem as a whole), I'm not sure what to do lol.

EDIT: The more I look at the prompts for World, Zone, etc., the more I think I was in the wrong place. They appear to access the MySQL just fine; the server loads, and seems playable (although, i've only had a chance to run around and test the spawn points loc's).