View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 04:01 PM
Cilraaz
Sarnak

Well, setting the ExpansionSettings variable to 31 (LoY and all prior) made PoP AA appear. Just to see what would happen, I set it to 16 (LoY only). It showed only PoP AA. I'm even more confused now.

Edit: 24 gave me SoL and PoP AA. It's almost like the bitmask values are being doubled.
Edit2: Well, not doubled, but shifted. 1=Vanilla, 2=Kunark, 4=Velious, etc. If that's correct, then 24 was SoL/PoP and 23 should be Vanilla/Kunark/Velious/PoP (so no SoL AA should show). I'm trying that now... and 23 shows only PoP AA. I have no idea where this shift would have come from.
Edit3: The only changes I had made to source was a hack for old-time race xp penalties in zone/exp.cpp, some default rules changes in common/ruletypes.h, and a hack to try to limit client types on the server (still not sure about this one). To be safe, I've hard reset back to HEAD and am recompiling. We'll see what happens on the new binaries in a few.
Edit4: Recompiled. Same result. Thoughts?
Edit5: Yes, I like edits, apparently. So AA is acting as if the expansion bitmask is shifted, but other things tied to ExpansionSettings aren't (such as Frogloks being allowed when set to 31). This is really confusing.