View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 08:05 AM
Stubbay
Sarnak

UPDATE: PARTIALLY SOLVED!

Ok, so as it turns out, I was missing Environmental Variables, for the Windows Command Prompt to work with. This post led me to that answer. But here's the short version!

Fixing: [Error:eqemu_server.pl] MySQL path not found, please add the path for automatic database upgrading to continue...
  1. (note: this is for Windows 10; see above post for link to article for older versions): Navigate to Control Panel > View Advanced Sysytem Settings
  2. Click "Environmental Variable"; scroll down to "path"; select and hit edit
  3. Hit "New"; Hit "Browse";navigate to your MariaDB\bin folder; Hit Ok.
  4. Repeat the above process for: MariaDB\Include; MariaDB\Data.
  5. Once completed, hit "Ok" on your window.
  6. (I can't be sure this part work, BUT I also did this): I added these, to the PATHEXT field (in the Environmental Variables window): .H;.PDB;/PL;.FRM

HOWEVER, I'm still experiencing the problem with Starting Zones. I've seen a couple other posts but no answers. The server appears to be using the variable (peq>start_zones) player_choice (i.e. Gukta on the character creation screen for starting zone) to identify the starting zone, instead of zone_id.

One person had an issue with expansions not being locked out, and it was simply about setting rules_values > World:UseClientBasedExpansionSettings > false. I've done this, and am still popping up in places, I shouldn't be. My quest continues.