View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 12:03 AM
Lordfate
Fire Beetle

Default Anti-boxing servers

It seems like so many recent servers are 100% against boxing. The thought process seems to be that if players play multiple characters then they won't be willing to group with other players and the server will die.

What's actually happened is that none of these anti-boxing servers is doing well because they post such low numbers day after day. They intentionally drive away players like myself that enjoy boxing 4 at a time.

I rarely group, true, but I also never play on servers that only allow 1 or 2 characters per IP. I flat out refuse to play on those servers because they are not fun.

Do you think Sony designed their servers to only support players with 1-2 characters? Hell no!!! They wanted as many accounts as possible logged in all the time. They catered to players of all styles. So stop narrowing your user bases and you'll have much more success.

Lately, there are so few innovative servers. The few that are innovative seem dead set against players that box. But we aren't a plague. We don't destroy servers. In fact, we help make them popular.

Do you think any server made it to Legends or Preferred by having 5 people logged in at a time? God no!

So please make your servers supportive of multi-boxers. We aren't evil, we don't destroy servers. We're dedicated players that are bored with the idea of playing just 1 or 2 characters. Seriously, it's boring as shit...

If you want your server to have a chance of being successful, don't hate on boxers. We're players too.