Thread: Imperium Server
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 08:30 PM
cronik78
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingly_Krab View Post
Really fishy that you all have less than 10 posts and one of your accounts was made June 2017. Is this an attempt to usher in players with falsified claims?
I've been playing various servers for years here. I played ezserver for quite a while, and enjoyed it for what it was, but I wanted something that felt more like the original game. that had the same soul and feel to it.

I found Imperium.

This is the server I keep coming back to when I get the "EQ itch". As a guy in my late 30s, I don't have time for slower leveling like the live servers, so this let's me play the core game (fairly unaltered, except for the 1-in-200 or so chance at a high-powered artifact to drop from mobs) and experience EQ like I remember it in back in '99/'00. I can work my way through my favorite zones and it helps push me towards endgame.

Honestly I don't know why it's not more popular. Difficulty definitely spikes a bit later on after you finish PoP and start to get into the custom content, so I could see the "OP feeling" wearing off and people losing interest, but honestly I don't see that as a failed thing either. If someone gets all the way through PoP after working their way through the first 4-5 expansions, and then walks away, they've probably scratched their nostalgia itch and might circle around again in a year or two.

Anyways, highly recommended if you wanna play a new progression server and don't have the time to play like you used to. I might not have many posts here, but my account isn't a year old or something either.