View Single Post
Old 11-30-2003, 03:53 PM
Eglin
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpcard
Works great so far, I see ALOT of these scrolling though..

[Status] Error exporting var: Perl runtime error: Can't modify concatenation (.) or string in scalar assignment at (eval 8728) line 1, at EOF

Looks like it's just catching and throwing... Maybe ought to wrap that one a little better so we can identify the root of the problem, at least identify the source file (no idea how tough that will be since im guessing its just wrapping up the err text from perl....
Not a very descriptive message, but an error that should never really happen, since the function is internal to the parser. There is no sourcefile to identify because, again, this is internal to the parser. This is the bit that makes all the vars like $name avaliable to scripts. I'm actually surprised it works at all for you if you're getting these messages. Try replacing
Code:
perl->eval(std::string("$").append(pkgprefix).append("::").append(varname).append("=qq(").append(value).append(");").c_str());
with
Code:
perl->eval(std::string("$").append(pkgprefix).append("::").append(varname).append("=q(").append(value).append(");").c_str());
That should do it.

lol... looking at that and wondering why the hell I didn't just use strstream... that's fugly! cheers