View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 11:52 AM
Packet
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pectabyte View Post
Hi guys,

Im a very experience 3D artist. My brother has his own EQ server up and running and I'd like to build new custom zones from scratch for his game. Every link I find to a open zone or quake editor tutorial is broken. Does anyone know some place where I can go to learn which program I can create new zone geometry in and how to integrate it into my brother's server? I'm surprised I wasn't able to find anything on youtube about it.
If you need some advice, shoot me a PM. As soon as I can get passed the UV mapping issues im having at the moment, I'll work on producing some youtube tutorials. Otherwise, it's as easy as exporting your models (incl. materials which must be diffuse only! -> Alpha & normals will be ignored upon import, this takes extra work) as .obj and importing them into a newly created eqg file and you're done. Also the tool I'm currently using is Zaela's Zone Importer which Akkadius linked above. Also keep in mind that the material texture paths in the obj .mtl file are not relative. It looks for the textures in the same folder that the obj file is in. Just fyi.

Formerly "Richardo"