Thread: Mythic Lair v2
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 10:07 PM
kaos00723
Sarnak

Yearly bump:

Mythic Lair has been up for quite a long time now. We've been through our ups and downs over the years but not much has changed since a year ago. Actually, almost nothing has changed except for some minor bug fixes, source updates, and the new randomly generated loot system.

Same server. Same concepts. Same owner, minus some lame duck GM's.

I don't do updates anymore except for a source update every once in a while and I rarely log on. I simply don't find EQ or the emulator all that interesting or fun these days. It's an outdated game with a severely outdated emulator that is 20+ expansions behind live.

The point of this thread is, we have been around for a long time and we continue to stay up 24/7 with only 0-3 players online at most times. It's a far cry from the 50+ that used to always be online but I don't care, and neither do the current players. It was never about player numbers and never will be.

It remains up 24/7 because there are hundreds of accounts and thousands of characters that have had some great experiences here over the years and most people have nothing but the highest praise for the Mythic Lair server as our forums continue to show to this day.

Many servers have tried to copy our loot system (treasure chests, random items) since and have either failed or can't stay online for more than a couple hours at a time. People flock to these newer servers because they get bored with the content, no matter how much is added. And I don't blame them. I would do the same. But in the end, it's still Everquest and it gets old quickly no matter what you do to it.

So...., the reason why I'm posting this then? There really is none. I don't give a crap whether you play on the server or not. We have never been or never will be a pay-to-win. You can't even buy a rusty short sword for a million dollars here.

I just wanted to let any new comers or older players know that we are still one of the better servers out there and we are still up 24/7. Our server is located on a monster 4th Gen i7 dedicated rig and top 3% network for speed in the entire United States.

Progression server people should stay clear though because we don't believe in that sort of bullshit here. I never understood the point of artificially trying to extend the life of a server by this method. Pay-to-win servers probably find it handy, lol.

On Mythic Lair you simply have a lot of fun getting to level 90, getting the best gear and then you move on. Yup, that's it. You will get bored at this point and move on to a new server or quit EQ altogether. It takes a couple months to get to that point but one thing is clear, you will probably have more fun doing it on our server than most.

And just to brag a little, there is still no website and forums anywhere near as nice, functional, and professional as ours in the entire EQEmu community, Legends/Preferred servers included.

So hop on by or don't. The current players would love to see some new faces around though which is probably the main reason why I'm posting this. If not that's fine by me, but you may just meet some pretty cool people over here.