View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 09:20 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

The_Beast, I think there is one significant difference to point out.

The P99 is the ONLY true 100% Classic server - its that server where you COUNT on being able to get groups as required per game set up. Even then, HALF of newbie posts on P99 forums ask - "which class is better for soloing?"

All other players scattered around all other server want something LESS hardcore than P99. And then the "Been there, done that, don't want to do it again" - comes in - most of so called CUSTOM servers are basically: PEQ DB with 3x XP and a couple custom raids here and there. In other words, the server is neither true classic, but it is still 99% same old content I already seen 13 years ago and done to the death.

The server has to be REALLY CUSTOM and inspiring to catch the players attention.

I short I do believe that majority of players would prefer a server where anyone could SOLO, but then easily get a group if they wanted to.
It just some players more of on one of side of group/solo fence and some more on the other.
P99 allows that to some classes up to some level, and it got population to make it possible.