View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

This server interests me with the sub-classing system. I wanted to do something like this recently with my server that I am building (and ultimately will re-write because I am unsatisfied with it) except with a classless system. Every player would start as the same 'EQ' class, but they would obtain different spells depending on what spells they either A) learned, B) were taught in the ways of.

For example, every spell was ranger usable, but only certain spells were scribed depending on quests completed. Some were researched thru tradeskills. This sounds like what you are trying to do but being a bit more restrictive on the spells available; which isn't a bad thing, honestly, as that way each class has a definitive role. I just had my idea for flexibility.

A suggestion with the bots; make them have their own spell lines, and customize them to be more like EQLive mercenaries, instead of having to make them be a specific kind of class. All you need is four bot types; Tank, Ranged DPS, Melee DPS, and Healer. You can restrict what bot spells are available in the DB, and what bots are available if you customize the DB.