View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 12:50 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
2) A faceless somebody got caught using a hack and, to save their own bacon, claimed it came from a publicly available, (and verifiable), repack.
I agree with this statement, Fulcrum. AX and/or Leslamarch should never have been accused of something without the reported hack being 100% confirmed first instead of taking it from hearsay. Even if one or more people reported it, I still wouldn't believe it until someone I trust had actually verified it. There is just absolutely no reason for them to add such a hack into a repack. The only reason to add a hack like that would be for an admin to false advertise their own server as having more players than it actually does.

Both of AX and Leslamarch deserve to be shown at least that much respect. They have both been around a long time and have each contributed back to the community for years. I surely don't agree with AX's childish response to the accusation, but the accusation shouldn't have been made in the first place without hard evidence, IMO.