View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 11:16 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sklead View Post
I used to be able to run Emu with no problems, so for old times sake I got a fresh install of Titanium (since Underfoot is impossible to find). When I go to run Emu, I get this:

Code:
The instruction at 0x1000f0ce referenced memory at 0xfffffffc. The memory could not be read.

Click on OK to terminate the program.
I did some searching and tried changing the eqclient.ini file, changing my resolution with OptionsEditor.exe to 640x480, 800x600, and 1024x768, none worked. I also installed DX9 and tried running Emu as an administrator AND in compatibility mode. It fails to start and I get the error every single time.

I know it can't actually be a memory issue since I've played Emu and Live on this computer before.

Seems like I've tried everything so I'd really appreciate some help!
Guess I'll be the first to try and actually answer your question, I get the same error using SoD and UF. It seems to only happen when I have firefox open. Usually closing firefox will remove the error. If it doesn't it's because I have instances of EQ open already and need to restart all of them (after closing firefox). Not sure what the disconnect is, but this is how I get around it.