View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 11:58 AM
trevius
Developer

Maybe I am mistaken, but I seem to recall that on Live you did not necessarily have to be moving. I vaguely recall swimming into a wall and setting something on my up arrow button to make it continue to try to swim in a direction even though it was stuck up against a wall. I would just leave that overnight and be maxed in swimming the next day or whatever.

Maybe they have since corrected that on Live, or maybe the client sends position updates with different locations due to the attempts to move in that direction (which then get auto-corrected back to the original position). Or, it could be that I did that only on Emu, but I kinda doubt that. If it only checks for being in water on Emu, I don't know why I would have had to swim up against a wall to do it.

Last I checked, I believe Frogloks automatically started with 100 swimming, and they may have made all classes start with 100 as well since then (though I would have to check on that). They tend to dumb things down as the years pass.

Just trying to give a bit of feedback in case we want to emulate live exactly (which is normally the case). I don't see a reason not to have this check in place.