View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 12:11 AM
trevius
Developer

Part of the problem is that there is no one guide that will work on any system. The differences between setting up on Windows vs Linux alone are too great to even consider putting both into the same guide without just causing lots of confusion and clutter. There are even plenty of differences between Windows XP, Vista/7/8, and Server 2008. To make sure all guides are accurate for all OS's, it means people have to go through the complete setup on each possible OS. And that needs to be done everytime a major change takes place in the setup, which means a ton of work.

There have been a good number of changes lately and there will be even more coming soon. Once the source gets moved from the SVN to git, I imagine someone will get a new guide written for Windows. I might try to update one of the Linux guides as well if I have the time. I just went through a full setup on Linux and it wasn't bad at all and still only deviates from the old guide a bit here and there. Of course, I have done that setup many times lol.