View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 04:23 PM
Splose
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excuses View Post
That's only your preference though, regarding boxing. I can and will box max toons because i thoroughly enjoy it.
I tend to agree with this sentiment.. though I've always enjoyed boxing myself.

I've always made a serious effort with all my servers to try an cater to both crowds but this time I have some great ideas to encourage real grouping while at the same time not alienating people who want to box.

My intent this go-around is to make a server where you can log on after work kill some shit and actually progress your character, whether that be through solo play, boxing, or actually grouping with people. The way i'm structuring content I've been careful to make it so it's not 100% necessary to box. I think i've achieved this a lot better than ever before. This is what I've looked for in a game for awhile and haven't really found it.

I'm in the process of revamping classes at the moment it's absolutely mind-numbing which is probably why I haven't had much motivation lately.. I do have about 3 years of sporadic work spread across 2 or 3 databases that I'll have to look at and either combine or scrap as well. This time I'm also going with a real story.

I'll probably take some time out to look at Maze's armor sets script since that's something I've always wanted in the game as well.. Either way, this thread shows that obviously there is a void needing to be filled in the server list and I'd love to do this again. Be on the lookout for EQAwakened in the near future. Really trying to go 100% custom, for those who played Township they should know what I mean.