View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 06:14 AM
Torven
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
On the bash/kick, do you have for hasted at all? What about other special attacks? (our code they all go through the same function to do class attacks)
I'm about as certain as can be at that 8 second number. I've parsed many, many logs and it's always 8 seconds (unslowed/unhasted). In fact I use bash delays to determine slow mitigation values because I can be certain the base delay is 8 seconds.

NPCs play by different rules. They get dual wield earlier, double attack earlier, and casters get both. Caster NPCs do not bash/kick though.

As far as I know, HT and LoH have the same timers as PCs. (haven't really parsed for that though)

Not sure what else NPCs have that might be relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsab View Post
Actually my (EQLive) guild were experimenting with this and a chanter/shammy started testing out their slows and had this data:
Remember that when an NPC's bash timer is up, it will either bash or kick-- you have to search for both in logs.

I would encourage you guys to run my attackspeed.lua script. (which can be found on my google drive in the Parsing Tools folder) I spent a lot of time on it. I made too many WoW addons to use something other than Lua for it. (lua fanboy here) You'll have to make some edits to the file opening code to run it on Linux though if you run that.

None of the traditional parsers handle attack speed well, if at all. EQCompanion lists a crude attack speed value for fights but my 1000 line script was written specifically for it.