Thread: OpenZone 5.0
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 09:07 PM
KhaN
Dragon

Quote:
I can't believe it's up to 5.0. Anyway, enjoy.
I really hope that OZ / DB will go up to 30.2

The water fix perfectly work, no more problems with waters, and no more need to do multizone waters to have a water zone not straight, which is, lets say it, a huge help (no more 183 water zones to animate, weeeeeeee)

But i now run into another problem. Players, cant fall from islands, bridge, it appear there is an invisible bounding box (which i never added), around every mesh. I need to know if OZ was setup to work this way (which sound logic to me), but as i dont need it for AP, maybe you got an idea on how i could bypass this (Yeah, i wanna see newbies fall from islands and die ...)

Best is to show a shot, zone geometry is islands / bridges connected together where people can walk (but cant fall, argh).

Another problem is how OZ handle Lights when imported from 3DS. When i setup a light into 3DS mesh, and then import it into OZ, the light isnt intensive as are lights created under OZ, remember its why i added multi factor. I dont know if it can be "fixed" but 3DS Light should be quite the same as the ones created with OZ.

Killspree, i seen your zone screenshots with lights, how you done this (having like projector lights), that light only some zone of a room for example, im really curious.