View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Bellos
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
That is sad to hear, but in reality, EQ1 emu and EQ2 emu have little in common other than sharing the name Everquest. While EQ1 emu may be further along and very playable, it is still not complete and can always use more work. Our dev team is also fairly small, but we are pretty dedicated and have been able to grow the project on the work that was done prior to our current team. Even if some of our devs did leave EQ1 emu, it isn't likely they would go on to work on the EQ2 emu project. Just because it might sound like the natural path of progression, that doesn't mean it is what would happen. Personally, there are other MMOs I would rather see emulated, if I was ever planning to move to another project.

Sorry if this comes off a bit harsh. But, you are coming here basically saying you think our devs should leave and go help somewhere else instead. You might as well be posting on the Sony forums asking for their devs to come help :P Not comparing us to Sony, but just trying to show how something like your post may not be taken so well.

Nothing against EQ2Emu, but this thread makes it sound like we owe them something:
http://www.eq2emulator.net/phpBB3/vi...ded3819d54853c

No i understand ur POV completely which is why i said it will likely never happen. I just meant it was complete in my opinion.

Sony should stop being greedy corporate pieces of shat and release a server for people to run custom ones and just charge a slightly less off a fee like 5 dollars per player royalty or somthing on both eq 1 and 2. Greed sucks in america.

No one involved in that project (except maybe me) feels entitled to the help of EQ 1 emu team, they would like it a lot im sure but arent demanding, just asking. I just hate seeing it fall apart because it has SO MUCH potential, newer graphics and engine ect... the only other MMO is like to see emulated is LOTR online and that will never happen lol. I really hope some miracle happens and like ive always said if i win a big chunk of change in the lottery (yeah i know its not gonna happen) id hire like 10 devs to work on eq 1 and eq 2 each so wish me luck at hittin that powerball